Inspection and testing are a legal requirement in the UK, and should be carried out regularly Our team will use specific testing and more,                                           

Procedures to ensure circuits are working properly and safely before being energised. Domestic, commercial or industrial, the key is health and safety. This procedure verifies that BS 7671 requirements (wiring regulations) have been met, and confirms the absence of damaged or defective electrical equiment, potentially causing safety issues.


Landlord Electrical Certificates

Portable Appliance Testing

Qualified and Licensed Electricians

At KAD Electricians, we start assessing risks, such as:

  • Electric shock
  • Burns or fire
  • Moving equipment
  • Power supply interruptions
  • Arcing or burning

If any part of the testing fails to comply, this specific test, together with previous tests will need to be done again once the fault has been fixed, as tests’ results may not have been accurate.

EICR (Electrical Installation Condition Report)

At KAD Electricians, we can prepare 5-year EICR tests at short notice (we will email it to you the day after visiting your property). Access can be arranged through estate agents as you will get a better price.

Pricing policy for IEE BS 7671 EICR inspection and testing

Property Size

1-bed property

2-bed property

3-bed property

4-bed property

5-bed property

Estimated Price (for up to 10 circuits)

From £90*

From £100*

From £120*

From £135*

From £175*

​*Rates are subject to VAT

We will happily give you a better price to complete EICR certificates for multiple properties. Please click here to read more information about our pricing policy.

If any work is required in order to upgrade your installation to the BS 7671 wiring regulation standards, we will prepare a quote together with our report. Once we complete this extra work, we will issue a satisfactory Electrical Installation Certificate for your compliance.

Being a NAPIT’s electrical inspector, we meet the requirements to undertake Electrical Safety Reports under the Housing (Scotland) Act 2006 and the Electrical Safety Standards in the Private Rented Sector (England) Regulations 2020 for landlords.

The inspection, testing, and certification of electrical installations underpin electrical safety in all situations, at home, and in the workplace. While government-approved schemes focus on new installation work, much of the inspection and testing work is actually carried out to ensure safety on the long-term.

Any concerns or questions before going ahead?

Is it a legal requirement for landlords to have an electrical certificate?

Landlords have to provide a copy of the electrical safety report to their tenants, and to their local authority if requested. This ensures all electrical installations in their rented properties are safe.

How often commercial properties need to be inspected?

According to the Electrical Safety Council, they need to be inspected by a registered electrical safety engineer every five years, or when there is a change of tenancy. However, there is no legal requirement to provide these certificates to tenants.

Do I need RCD protection?

It is vital to protect extension lead used outside with an RCD (Residual Current Devices). We strongly recommend the installation of a RCD as part of the extension lead, unless it is 15m or shorter, and if you are sure sockets to which it will be connected are already RCD protected.

Do rented properties need to have RCD protection?

No, it is not a legal requirement. However, we recommend it strongly, as mentioned above. It would prevent your tenants from a fatal electric shock, as well as intercepting a fire. Your legal duty of care is to provide a safe and habitable property.

Is an EICR required to sell a house?

It is not a legal requirement, but it will definitely give peace of mind to your potential buyers that the electrical installations are safe, so it is worth it.